May 4, 2020
- 3 to 4 medium vine ripen tomatoes, sliced 1⁄4-inch thick
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 1⁄4-inch thick rounds
- 4 T Taste OVS Basil Olive Oil
- 4 T Taste OVS Traditional Balsamic Vinegar or 2 T of Balsamic Reduction
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Basil for garnish, optional
Layer alternating slices of tomatoes and mozzarella on a large, shallow platter. Drizzle the salad with olive oil and balsamic, season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
In a small saucepan, bring 2 c Taste OVS Traditional Balsamic Vinegar to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vinegar thickens, coats the back of a spoon, and is reduced to about 1⁄4 cup. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl or cruet. Allow to cool.